What is Corporate Governance?
Corporate Governance in Ruya Advisory is considered to be “doing the right thing at the right time for all stakeholders”, which can be translated into;
- Transformation/Change Management including project management of cultural, behavioural, strategic and operational change across the organisation.
- Identification of a strategic goal, operational plans and KPI’s for all levels of the organisation.
- Identification of the key partnerships internally and externally to support the sustained growth of the organisation.
- Stakeholder and Shareholder value generation through sustained growth, shared value creation and focused performance management.
- The development of Policies & Procedures suitable to ensure suitable and appropriate business processes.
- Organisational structures which allow the organisation to perform efficiently and effectively.
- Business Excellence which is the application of best practice in all operations leading to sustainable, efficient and effective business performance.
- Operational Excellence which is the continual improvement of all processes and activities to ensure the performance of the organisation possible.
- Human Resources practices which are suitable for the organisation while ensuring employees are engaged and outperforming expectations.
Why is a Board of Directors important in an SME?
The Board of Directors assist the Executive Committee or Senior Management to;
- Management the business effectively,
- Create and measure the performance against strategic goals,
- Support decision making and challenge perceptions and bias of the Senior Managers,
- Support business development through direct and in-direct representation or intorductions.
What is Operational Excellence?
Operational excellence is the application of best practice across all processes using methodologies inclusing;
- Quality Management,
- Health & Safety Management,
- Environmental Management,
- Lean (manufacturing, supply chain etc.),
- Six Sigma or other statistical/management philosophies.