CASE STUDY – SFA MENTORING: IT SUPPORT SERVICE COMPANY
|Client Description||IT Support Service Company|
|Project Type||Mentoring: Staff Communication Compliance Strategy into Action|
|Client Size||1 – 50 Employees|
|Project Durantion||1 month|
|Client Industry Sector||IT Support Services|
- Mentoring in relation to HR Compliance, Employee Management, and Business Continuity Planning point of view the Management required mentoring on the best practices applicable to ensure business growth during a challenging time.
- The organisation needed mentoring on the best practices to pivot the organisation to return to normal business practices within the new guidelines while planning business operations in-line with client requirements.
- Organisation needed a sounding board to discuss ways of supporting current business models and pivoting to new business models to support securing new business and maintain current customers.
Detailed action plan addressing;
- Employee communication and compliance requirements for new protocols,
- Business operations plan relating to customer site visits, employee rotation schedule, office compliance
- Business going forward plan
- Response Plan supporting employer to bring all employees back to the office.
- Business protocols including new ways of working in the challenging environment prepared and evaluated, creating live/dynamic processes allowing the business to pivot/change within changing circumstances.
- Leadership/Owner comfort dealing with changing business environment and stronger understanding of the changing circumstances and methods in overcoming resistance to change.
- Support the review of current HR & H&S practices in-line with new HAS/HSE guidelines contained within the Return-to-Work Protocol including risk assessment for vulnerable people, recruitment practices, disciplinary procedures, employee communications and Policy Development.
- Critical review of the new business practices and compliance requirements as per the Response Plan in-line with the Return-to-Work Protocol.
- Review processes and procedures to ensure protection of employees, employer and clients.
- Mentoring on best approach to business decisioning in relation to working
practices, new office relocation projects, employee performance, possible grant schemes available and business performance.
- Method statements for process based on risk assessment.